Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Road Work Ahead Daily Reflection #4

Today when I was on the road, there were caution signs warning me of a work area ahead. I slowed down and got ready to stop for the flagman, if necessary. Well, as has happened before, I drove on and on and this time, there were no workers. The signs had been left up. Another time, I swear I drove 5 miles before I finally came up on the construction site--it surprised me because I didn't believe the signs. 

Such is a life. We know God is there and will get us through, but we can't always see what is happening and our journeys are lengthened by detours, road work and sometimes accidents. We may get annoyed or sometimes, devastated, by the turn of events, but sometimes we need "road work".  Despite us not understanding or expecting all detours, we know he has given us signs and a hope for the future.  

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall make straight your paths."

Proverbs 3:5,6

No comments:

Post a Comment